- Burnaby Mountain Conservation Area: This conservation area offers a variety of trails that wind through lush forests and offer stunning views of the city and Burrard Inlet.
- Deer Lake Park: This park offers several hiking trails around the lake, through forests, and over boardwalks. It's a great spot for bird watching and other wildlife sightings.
- Central Park: This large urban park has several walking and hiking trails that take you through mature forests and around a beautiful lake. There are also several sports fields and picnic areas.
- Byrne Creek Ravine Park: This park offers a peaceful escape from the city with its winding trails through a lush ravine. You can enjoy the sound of the creek and the beauty of the forest as you hike.
- Burnaby Lake Regional Park: This park offers a network of hiking trails that wind through wetlands and forests. You can spot a variety of birds and wildlife, and even rent a canoe or kayak to explore the lake.